LOVE THIS! Award season brings us tons of new hairspiration.
LOVE IT NOW BECAUSE: Red carpet hair don’t care!
Make a date with Kate. Or at least her hair.
I just can’t get enough of the comely, classic Kate. Kate complemented her sparkling Elie Saab gown at the Golden Globes with a statuesque and sexy updo, created by celebrity hairstylist, Creighton Bowman. Here’s how to do it yourself at home: 1) On towel-dried hair, apply René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam – no rinse at the roots and René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no-rinse detangling spray on the ends. 2) Spray on René Furterer LISSEA thermal protecting smoothing spray to help protect the hair from harsh heat styling tools. 3) Next, using a medium-sized round brush, blow out your hair. 4) Curl the hair with a 1 1/4″ curling iron and then set the hair into 1″ sections. 5) Brush out the curls and spray René Furterer NATURIA dry shampoo all over for added texture and thickness. 6) To begin the updo, pull all of the hair to the top of the crown and secure it with a ponytail holder. 7) Once the ponytail is secure, wrap all of the hair around the ponytail base in a forward motion and secure it with pins in the front of the ponytail. 8) Finally, mist hair with René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY to hold the look in place and to smooth any flyaways.
Go edgy like Emma. Right now, we’re all about the bob and while I’ll be keeping my long locks for now, I definitely have a little short hair envy going on…especially when I see these kinds of looks. Emma Stone’s blunt bob is cut just above the collarbone and is softly textured around the perimeter. She chose to dress it up for the Golden Globes with an unexpected barrette in the back. How cute is that for a girl who’s known as much for her independent spirit as she is for her award-nominated roles?
To create at home, follow PRAVANA Global Creative Director Sherri Jessie’s lead.
1) Mist PRAVANA NEVO Color Lock to extend the life of the vibrancy of hair color and make it softer, stronger, and glossier.
2) Distribute an egg-sized amount of PRAVANA Full Volume Volumizing Foam and blow dry.
3) Wrap medium sized sections of hair on a 1 1/4” curling wand. Curl hair away from the face on each side.
4) Comb through the hair with a wide toothed comb and accessorize with a large barrette in the back, below the occipital bone.
5) Lightly spray with PRAVANA Nevo Super Shape Hair Spray to smooth down any flyaways.
B is for Bosworth and beautiful. Kate Bosworth debuted her jaw-skimming bob to jaw-dropping reactions at the Still Alice red carpet premiere in New York.
John Frieda Creative Consultant Harry Josh fills us in on how we can replicate the red carpet reveal, inspired by Kate’s Oscar de la Renta dress, for our own shining moments.
1) Spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray on wet hair.
2) Dry hair with Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000 ($300) and a round brush.
3) Pin each section to let it set and build volume and shape.
4) Let the hair down from the pins and mold it with your finger to shape and set.
Moll’s Bag of Tricks: To prep hair for styling, be sure to use a product that preps the hair for heat. One of my favorites, Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray, can be found in your local drugstore and, at only $3.99, won’t break the bank. Just apply to towel-dried hair and protect hair from harmful heat styling, all while making it softer, shinier and easier to work with.