Well, I already covered how to get New Year’s Eve-glam, last week, because I know how we ladies love to plan that night ahead of time; so today, as we embark on a new year, I want you to keep it classy. Or, more like, classic.
Hopefully, you’re doing some shimmering, glimmering, glittering eyes and lips tonight, but when the first weekend of 2016 rolls around, I want you to call upon your classic, sophisticated screen siren self for your best selfie ever. I mean, trends are fun, but sometimes a tip of the hat to a classic look, can change everything – perfect for a new year, new you, and maybe even a new man?
When it comes to perfecting this look, think Rita Hayworth. Marilyn Monroe. Lauren Bacall. And, think luminous skin, with defined brows, contoured cheeks, matte lipstick, and LOTS of lashes.
Here is how to kick off 2016 in classic style next weekend!
- Flick it. Go ahead! Flick that cat eyeliner, because a perfect winged liner is always en vogue. This innovative liquid eyeliner – Pixi Beauty Cat Eye ($14) – helps you accomplish that, effortlessly.
- Boldly go where those brows have never gone. To nail that screen siren classic look, use the Pixi Natural Brow Duo ($16) to fill in and define brows. When it comes to makeup, brows should always be the star, not just the day player.
- Load up on the lashes. If false lashes aren’t your thing, grab a Pixi Large Lash Mascara ($16) to really define and lengthen your lashes. The oversized brush picks up and covers every lash beautifully, even those tiny, hard-to-reach ones in the inner corners of the eyes.
- Carve out those cheekbones with contouring. When contouring, the goal is not to see the contour, but to SEE those God-given cheekbones. So, apply this Pixi Natural Contour Powder ($20), right under the cheek, in the hollow, where the cheek sinks in a little bit. Instant, natural-looking glamour, when applied correctly!
- Make a statement with matte lips. Red lips are timeless, and when screen sirens are your muses, a matte red is the only way to go. I love Pixi Mattelustre Lipstick ($12) because it lasts and lasts, with the added benefit of a plumping effect!
Moll’s Bag of Tricks: When using the Pixi Natural Brow Duo ($16) to define your brows, fill in with the pencil side, and shape the brows by using the other side to brush your brows up and across the top.