GRILLED STRAWBERRY COBBLER WITH ICE CREAM
GRILLED STRAWBERRY COBBLER WITH ICE CREAM ©copyright – All rights reserved Marci Arthur
- 6 wooden or metal skewer
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup strawberry preserves (Truffles and Trifles)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup butter (one stick)
- 2 cups Bisquick or other all purpose baking mix
- 2 cups of sugar or non-sugar substitute
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
Ice Cream recipe follows
- Soak wooden skewers for 1 hour or use metal ones. Spray grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to high heat – 400-450 degrees.
- Thread whole strawberries onto skewers. Arrange skewers on grill and grill for 1 minute on each side. Remove from grill and slice strawberries and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberry preserves, water and lemon juice over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook for 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter into a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Place dish in oven and melt butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, sugar and half and half. Pour batter carefully into dish on top of melted butter. Arrange sliced strawberries over batter.
- Pour preserve mixture over strawberries.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown all over surface with no white showing and is set. Serve warm with ice cream.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: 13 x 9-inch glass casserole dish Huller Cutting board Bread knife Measuring cups – wet and dry dish for soaking skewers Vegetable spray for grill Small saucepan Medium bowl Flat whisk