Cobb Salad Tower
Cobb Salad Tower ©copyright – all rights reserved Marci Arthur
Quantity: 4 salads • Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb deli chicken (sliced thick, cubed)
- 10 slices bacon, chopped (Precooked works best)
- ¼ cup Bleu cheese crumbles
- ¼ c + 1 tsp Bleu cheese dressing
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce (shredded)
- 1 ½ T white wine vinaigrette
- 4 Roma or plum tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- Cut the chicken into ½ cubes.
- Place in small bowl and add chopped bacon.
- Stir in bleu cheese dressing, crumbles, and black pepper—set aside.
- Shred the Romaine lettuce, place in a large bowl, and toss with white wine vinaigrette.
- Thinly slice Roma tomatoes into thin rounds and sprinkle slices with salt.
- Thinly slice avocado and set half aside for garnish.
- To make the “tower,” use a rinsed out 14oz fruit/vegetable can, opened on both ends—it is going to be a mold for the salad “tower.”
- Place the can on the plate and begin to layer the ingredients.
- Start by packing a handful of shredded romaine in the bottom, then arrange 3 or 4 slices of tomato over the lettuce.
- Top that with a couple pieces of avocado.
- Over that, scoop 1/3 cupful of the chicken, bacon, and bleu cheese mixture.
- Using the back of a spoon, or the flat part of a measuring cup, press down to make everything compact.
- Add another small handful of lettuce and another layer of tomatoes.
- Press down once again to make it compact.
- Slowly remove the can from around the salad. The lettuce on the bottom will spread out, but everything else should remain layered.
- Garnish with a few slices of avocado on the top and a few bleu cheese crumbles around the plate!