CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES ©copyright – all rights reserved Marci Arthur
- 16 ounces Belgium semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Insert toothpicks into tops of strawberries.
- In a stainless steel bowl, place over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into a block of Styrofoam for the chocolate to cool. You can place in refrigerator to speed up process.
- Stainless steel bowl
- pot of water
- Heat-resistant spatula
- Styrofoam Platter for strawberries