© copyright – all rights reserved. M.arthur
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced lengthwise and halved
- ¼ cup banana liqueur
- ½ cup dark rum
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint of very good vanilla ice cream (preferably homemade)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar and stir until sugar completely dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Lay bananas in pan and cook on both sides until they become slightly soft and begin to brown, about 3 minutes. (Do not overcook – They will get mushy).
- Remove banana pan from heat, and in a separate pan heat banana liqueur and then rum and cinnamon.
- Tip pan slightly and carefully ignite using a long skewer. Rotate pan and then pour over bananas, turning pan and basting bananas until flames die out.
- Divide ice cream among dessert bowls. Gently lift bananas from pan and place 2 pieces over the ice cream. Spoon sauce over ice cream and serve immediately.
FRENCH VANILLA ICE CREAM
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or paste
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into an ice cream container and follow manufacturer’s instructions.